[CASL-L] YA Books/Publishing

Musket, Kimberly kmusket at wallingfordschools.org
Tue Mar 22 07:33:35 PDT 2022

Good morning,
I have two questions today.

1.  Our middle school libraries have been talking about YA books. There are
many books in our libraries that are considered YA and are recommended for
8th grade and up. Our schools have grades 6-8. I know this topic was
brought up already here but I can't remember what was said. I'm ordering YA
labels for these books. For those of you who have these books labeled, what
did you do with them as far as notifying students and parents about them?
Did students in grades 6 and 7 need special permission to borrow them? Did
8th graders?

2.  I have a teacher who has written a book and really wants to get it
published (for free). Does anyone know of a way for an educator to get a
book published?

Thank you!
Kim

Kim Musket
School Librarian
James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School

Currently reading:
*Deepfake* by Sarah Darer Littman

Currently listening:
*Will *by Will Smith

Recently finished:
*Across the Desert* by Dusti Bowling
*Operation Do-Over by Gordon Korman*
*Super Gifted *by Gordon Korman
*Santiago's Road Home* by Alexandra Diaz
*Whatshisface by Gordon Korman*
*The Finest Hours: the True Story of a Heroic Sea Rescue* by Michael J.
Tougias, Casey Sherman
*Resist: a Story of D-Day *by Alan Gratz
*Maybe He Just Likes You *by Barbara Dee
*Out of My Heart *by Sharon Draper
*Rescue *by Jennifer A. Nielsen
*Unplugged *by Gordon Korman
*A Rebel in Auschwitz: the True Story of the Resistance Hero Who Fought the
Nazis from Inside the Camp *by Jack Fairweather
*Escape from Alcatraz *by Eric Braun
*Linked *by Gordon Korman
*War Stories *by Gordon Korman