[CASL-L] Password complexity

Sarah Lynch sarah_lynch at whps.org
Tue Mar 29 06:31:31 PDT 2022

I'm at K-5. Our students have Google accounts beginning in 2-5. Those
randomly generated passwords are made up of two words that students can
easily spell and a 2 digit number such as redcat15.

Sarah Lynch, National Board Certified Librarian
Wolcott Elementary- West Hartford Public Schools
71 Wolcott Rd., West Hartford, CT 06110
Telephone: 860-561-2300 Ext. 3637

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 9:01 AM Barbara Johnson <bajohnson at colchesterct.org>
wrote:

> Can you share with the Colchester Librarians:
> What grade level you teach and how complex are your passwords for student
> accounts?
>
> We are being asked to use two four letter words, a capital letter, a
> number, and a symbol for K-5 students.
> I have concerns about this for pk-3, can you share the complexity of your
> passwords and how you teach students to login with them...especially your
> youngest learners.
> Thanks!
>
> --
> *Barbara Johnson*
> *Librarian*
> Jack Jackter Intermediate School
>
> @technojohnson
> www.jackjackterlibrary.com
>

> Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in
> transmission or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by
> CASL-L mailing list
> CASL-L at mylist.net

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This West Hartford Public Schools e-mail may contain
confidential information. It is intended solely for the original designated
recipient(s).
Any other use is prohibited and access to this email by
anyone else is unauthorized.Any opinions expressed are those of the author
and are not necessarily endorsed by WHPS.