[CASL-L] Book Vendors - Connecticut Library Consortium (CLC)

Julie Yulo-Medeiros jyulomed at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 11 08:10:05 PDT 2022

Hello School Librarians,

Just a friendly reminder that Connecticut Library Consortium (CLC) has a new book contract with 15 amazing distributors or publishers. These companies have been vetted by CLC and all our contracts follow state and federal procurement laws.

Due to a world wide supply chain problem some book distributors and publishers are experiencing longer wait times for delivery. Like Kristine Emond, East Hartford High School, mention you can create a list with DNE (do not exceed) with all of our vendors.

Another tip is to request a proforma invoice. This will allow you to place an order now, and receive the invoice in time for it to be paid with FY21-22 money (if that is what you need), however, the books might not arrive until later if the vendor is experiencing delays.

DISTRIBUTORS

   -
Barnes & Noble

   -
Brodart

   -
Independent Publishers Group (IPG)

   -
Ingram

   -
Mackin

   -
Midwest Library Service

   -
Perma-Bound

PUBLISHERS

   -
ABDO

   -
Carson Dellosa

   -
Cavendish Square

   -
Greenhaven Publishing

   -
Omnigraphics

   -
Rosen Publishing

   -
Scholastic Library Publishing

We can’t make all of the contract terms available here, but CLC members can download guides to all of our contracts from this page:

https://www.ctlibrarians.org/bidcontracts

You’ll need your CLC username and password.

Public information about our book contracts is available here: https://www.ctlibrarians.org/books and here: https://www.ctlibrarians.org/page/SavSchBook

Not sure if you are a member of CLC or would like to learn more about joining. Click on Join Us! for more information.  Of course, you can contact me any time with your questions about the book contracts, or CLC membership.

In other news, CLC is working on a bid for digital resources. These contracts will go live in July 2022. Stay tuned!
Thank you,Julie

Julie Yulo-Medeiros

Member Relations Manager

Connecticut Library Consortium