[CASL-L] book recommendations

Musket, Kimberly kmusket at wallingfordschools.org
Tue Nov 29 10:01:17 PST 2022

Hello-
I am looking for recommendations for the following. I have many titles
already but I'm hoping for new suggestions.

   - books with characters giving, caring, showing compassion and empathy
   towards others - grades 6-8
   - narrative nonfiction books  (not biographies/memoirs) for 8th grade -
   looking for books that are happy, positive (no tragedies, wars, etc.)

I created a google doc in case others might be interested in the lists. If
you have a suggestion, would you please add it to this document?
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WEknqGIXk16zDNXDJvJgU-AKhyZk1xCq9zzUVdErLG4/edit?usp=sharing>

If it's easier, feel free to just reply to this email.

If you need to add a line, click in the cell, on the right, of the last row
and press the tab key.

Thank you so much!
Kim

Kim Musket
School Librarian
James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School

Currently reading:
*We Dream of Space *by Erin Entrada Kelly
*The Tales of Beedle the Bard  *by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Lisbeth
Zwerger

Upcoming Reads:
*Just Like That *by Gary D. Schmidt

Recently Finished:
*Enrique's Journey: the True Story of a Boy Determined to Reunite with His
Mother *by Sonia Nazario
*Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney*
*The Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell*
*The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis*
*Holes by Louis Sachar (Again!)*
*Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams*
*Two Degrees* by Alan Gratz
*Bridge to Terabithia* by Katherine Paterson
*The One and Only Bob *by Katherine Applegate, Patricia Castelao
*Payback *by Gordon Korman
*Criminal Destiny *by Gordon Korman
*Masterminds *by Gordon Korman