[CASL-L] MS and HS author visit idea

CASL Vice President vicepresident at ctcasl.org
Mon Oct 3 05:00:00 PDT 2022

Hello all -

This author reached out and asked that we share his information. I haven't
read any of his books, but please take a look if you are interested. His
brochure is attached.

My name is Andrew Maraniss, and I am a YA nonfiction author in Nashville. I
have a new book that came out earlier this month called *Inaugural Ballers:
The True Story of the First US Women's Olympic Basketball Team
<https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/670480/inaugural-ballers-by-andrew-maraniss/>*.
The team played at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal, so the story of these
pioneering women athletes is told in the context of the women's rights
movement of the 1970s and is timed with 2022 being the 50th anniversary of
Title IX. The book has received "starred" reviews from School Library
Journal, School Library Connection, Booklist, and Kirkus. Two members of
the '76 Olympic team played collegiately at Southern Connecticut State, so
there is a connection there in addition to the general popularity of
women's basketball in the state.

I am scheduling school visits and wanted to make your association and
Connecticut school librarians aware of the book and my interest in visiting
schools. I have attached more information on Inaugural Ballers and my other
books (all dealing with sports, history, and injustice), plus some more
details on my school visits.

*Andrew Maraniss*
(615) 504-4924
www.andrewmaraniss.com
@trublu24

*Strong Inside*, 2014
*Strong Inside, Young Readers Edition*, 2016
*Games of Deception*, 2019
*Singled Out, *2021
*Inaugural Ballers*, Sept. 13, 2022
Jenny