[CASL-L] Are Any High School Students Reading Books? Paper or Audible?

STEPHANIE PATTERSON spatterson at southingtonschools.org
Wed Oct 12 08:14:52 PDT 2022

Hi All,

I've been asked to look into what any other high school libraries are offering/experiencing in terms of reading.

In Southington, all of the study halls that were split between the cafe and the library have been moved into the library. As you may imagine, capacity, seating, behavior are larger concerns now.  Nonfiction does not move at all. Research is primarily with chromebooks and databases.

Fiction is not moving now at all. The question is if we offer something, will they read (or listen) here.

If you would be so kind to send a note back (whether a same story here/invitation for me to reach out to you directly) it will at least give me a starting point.

Many thanks,

Stephanie Patterson
Southington High School Library
"Building character with critical thinking, creativity,
 collaboration and communication."

tel: 860.628.3229  at  ext 11335 or ext 11377