[CASL-L] Colleen Hoover

Jaclyn Deloma jdeloma at milforded.org
Wed Sep 14 05:05:17 PDT 2022

Hi All!

My students have been requesting her books, so I too investigated and found
this excerpt regarding several of her titles straight from Colleen's own
mouth:
Hiii, i was just wondering what age would you suggest read your books? I
know it's about the maturity of the teen, but i wanted to take your opinion
about your books in general, and the age group you would recommend to read
them. Thank youu.

   -

<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5430144.Colleen_Hoover>
Colleen Hoover
<https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5430144.Colleen_Hoover> That
entirely depends on the book. Some I wouldn't recommend for teens at all.
But books like Slammed, Heart Bones, Regretting You, Hopeless, I think are
okay for older teens. But books like Verity, Too Late and Ugly Love I'd
definitely NOT recommend for teens. I have suggested age ranges on my
website.

Also, prefacing and emphasizing the older teen audience is helpful for our
student patrons.

Have a great day!

*Jackie DeLoma*
*Teacher Librarian*