[CASL-L] Colleen Hoover

Jen jlarkin24 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 05:56:09 PDT 2022

A lot has been made of a graphic/chart she posted about her books and age
ranges.  While helpful, everyone should keep in mind that Colleen Hoover is
definitely an ADULT author.  So like any adult author, you have to decide
about content and if there is enough crossover appeal with high school
students.  Obviously, many other factors go into those decisions when
developing a collection - like the age range of high school students.  Many
of my freshmen are 13.  I would definitely not add her books without
reading them first and making those decisions for my student body and my
community.  I do tell kids to head to their public library if they want to
read something we don't have - and I had a senior talking to me yesterday
about just starting It Ends With Us - definitely not one I would add to my
HS collection!

Jen