[CASL-L] Fwd: ISTE Update

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Thu Sep 29 11:37:46 PDT 2022

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Marci Price <mprice at iste.org>
Date: Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 2:35 PM
Subject: ISTE Update
To: Marci Price <mprice at iste.org>
Cc: Richard Culatta <rculatta at iste.org>

Dear Affiliate Leaders,

For those who were able to join Richard and me for the call this morning,
thank you for your time and thoughtful questions.  For those unable to
attend, we are excited to share some news!

As we emerge from the global pandemic, ISTE has taken the opportunity to
reevaluate our role in the broader education community. One of the silver
linings of the pandemic was a dramatic improvement of infrastructure for
learning. Over 90% of schools in the US are now 1:1 (nearly double
pre-pandemic levels). Technology is no longer an optional add-on, but a key
tool for all learning.  As such, we believe that it is critical for ISTE to
be more engaged with education leaders – particularly those who oversee the
instructional experiences in schools.

*After careful consideration and a comprehensive due diligence process, the
ISTE Board of Directors has voted to merge with **ASCD*
<https://info.iste.org/e3t/Ctc/2H+113/ccyKw04/VVPKq21fnCqdVnZyj65tgyxnW7nzmJr4Qy97sVGxfRW4MYtSgW7_ts63985z5JW3nj6cQ30xJLSW5LcSd22KXbrjW2vSLKf8_wKSBW52TLqp91xQ1xW5k2rJz7xp-R5N8Cz7JmGD6JRW2MZW9471PB3GW4s_sd07VWXPKV1fPct3tN_NQW856V3G23LF7v103>*,
the standard bearer for instructional leadership at the school and district
levels. *This merger will allow ISTE to bring the innovation and effective
strategies for using technology to support learning to the broader
education community. While the new combined organization (name still TBD)
will be governed by a single board and CEO, ISTE and ASCD will continue to
operate as independent brands and communities. And though the organizations
will remain unique, there will be exciting opportunities to leverage the
synergies of the talents of both communities moving forward. ISTE’s CEO,
Richard Culatta, has been selected to lead the newly formed organization.

While the ISTE and ASCD boards voted unanimously to proceed with the
merger, the ASCD bylaws require a member vote preceded by a 45-day
consideration period. An ASCD member vote is scheduled in November, and if
the vote is successful, the merger process will begin in January 2023.

In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions and
feedback via the *Community Merger Feedback Form*
<https://info.iste.org/e3t/Ctc/2H+113/ccyKw04/VVPKq21fnCqdVnZyj65tgyxnW7nzmJr4Qy97sMGxfTp2-M9GV1-WJV7CgVhtW2zHCrF7z1q_cW46MkpZ4RGlrWW8sgQFM550g1DW9gfCZF3MvzWnN3TFWqSBMGXlVFlc923trJJWW7MNT1-3ztlVvV2_lnV85vFJlVQLhG119M12cW8DzVl05mvpWjVGlpMg4XPD-fW7r9rpz2g_DRnW23ljP41Cq37vN1Lh9DNgQbF-VVKN4P8Bs2kKW5Ssxj2532JP6W4GzK2v52fSDjW8qFB8Z7fq6RcVxgcml4_897nVsqS0L8jH3DZ351D1>.
We always value the input and ideas from our community and will continue to
share additional information with you throughout the process. Thank you for
your ongoing participation in the ISTE community and your service to the
field.

Sincerely,

Marci

*Marci M. Price*

*Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships (571) 418-0298*

iste.org <http://www.iste.org/>
edsurge.com <http://www.edsurge.com/>

 [image: signature_131971144]

--
*Barbara Johnson*
*Librarian*

@technojohnson
www.jackjackterlibrary.com

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in