[CASL-L] Litter Awareness Program

Karen Elizabeth mrsdandelske at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 17:35:19 PDT 2023

Hello fellow librarians,

I want to share with you an interesting program created by one of my
favorite educators, Stacey Giaquinto.  She has created an educational
program called Litter Awareness to teach about the consequences of
littering and single-use plastics.  She has written a children's book on
the topic and has been visiting schools, libraries, camps and other
environmental/educational venues to speak to children, teens and adults.  I
have seen her presentation and her passion to "spread the message, not the
mess" with her positive enthusiasm. It's both fun and motivating!

I'm posting this to get the word out to CT libraries and thought that with
Earth Day coming up, the timing is perfect for this topic.  She has several
libraries booked already but would love to reach out to more libraries and
set dates throughout this school year, the summer and into next year.  I
think that this topic will continue to gain interest since the 2024 theme
that the state is going to support is all about conservation: Read, renew,
repeat
<https://www.ireadprogram.org/resources/summer-2024-read-renew-repeat>

I have attached her contact & website information so you can see more about
the program.  I think this would be a great match for CT libraries and
school LMS as well.

https://www.litterawareness.org/

litter at litterawareness.org

Thanks for your consideration!