[CASL-L] book suggestions

Musket, Kimberly kmusket at wallingfordschools.org
Tue Apr 18 11:02:43 PDT 2023

Hello All,
I'm sorry to ask for suggestions, again.

I am looking for ideas for books. Our sunshine club purchases books when a
staff member's close family member passes away. These books are bought for
our school library and will have a sticker in it saying it's in memory of
this person.

All of these books must be for grades six through eight.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm stuck! Everything I find seems to be
either really old or we already have it.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you could make. Feel free to write in the
title and author in the column next to the description. You can also copy
and paste a link if that's easier.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QpWChcvevBievhRKY7YS4M8ASEuqWYDT-zevw8PwTus/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you
Kim

Kim Musket
School Librarian
James H. Moran, Sr. Middle School

Currently reading:
*The Harlem Charade *by Natasha Tarpley

Currently listening to:
*The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl *by Stacy McAnulty

Hope to read soon:
*Give and Take* by Elly Swartz
Recently Finished:
*The Superteacher Project *by Gordon Korman
*Three Stars in the Night Sky: a Refugee Family's Odyssey of Separation and
Reunion *by Fern Schumer Chapman
*The Tales of Beedle the Bard  *by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Lisbeth
Zwerger
The Voyage of the Frog by Gary Paulsen
*The Tales of Beedle the Bard  *by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Lisbeth
Zwerger
*The Fort* by Gordon Korman
*Nellie Bly: Daredevil Reporter* by Charles Fredeen
*Up for Air *by Laurie Morrison