[CASL-L] Helping kid remember to return their books

Aimee Guerrero guerrero.obrien at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 18:33:39 PST 2023

Hi Michelle,

At my old school, all the books had "pockets" at the back. I created my own
"date due slips" that would fit in these book pockets. My older student
volunteers loved to have the job of stamping new due date slips each day.
They would cross out the old due date and stamp the new one for all the
classes for that day.

I'm at a new school whose books do not have these pockets, and I also could
use a suggestion for a new system. Right now I have a book checkout
calendar on my door and I also put an announcement about the next book
check out dates in the principal's weekly bulletin for teachers to remind
their students.

Thanks for putting this question out there!
Best regards,
Aimee

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 11:42 AM Michelle Farella <michelle.farella at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> My kids are having a hard time remembering to bring in their books lately
> so I wanted to go over strategies to remind them.
> What are your suggestions that seem to help them?
> Thank you!
> -Michelle

All my best,
*Aimee Guerrero*
*Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi*