[CASL-L] Helping kid remember to return their books

Kristen Frost kfrost at sbsenfield.org
Tue Jan 17 08:06:35 PST 2023

Just chiming in to this thread. In addition to some of the other
aforementioned ways of getting overdues back (emails, reminder notes home,
etc.), one thing I've tried in desperation that seems to work (note: I am
at the elementary/middle school level) is printable wristbands. You can buy
them for inkjet printers and print out a generic message on them (i.e.
"Remember to bring your book back!") or take a sharpie and write the book
title on a wristband and then just put in on your student's wrist/backpack
as a reminder. Sort of like an updated "tie a string around your finger"
reminder from days of old.

Not sure if this is something you'd like to try or not, but I use it
sparingly (and only in desperation) and it often brings results. (Photo
attached)

 IMG_8113.jpg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1txk8F65jII4CAh2NTzwvfCNkVqFAkwOy/view?usp=drive_web>

Kristen Frost