[CASL-L] Bear Town by Fredrik Bachman

Jen jlarkin24 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:24:34 PST 2023

We have it in our collection - along with all of his other titles.  Never
had any pushback - but having it in our collection and using it in a
classroom are two different things.  That being said - we use a lot of
"controversial" titles in classrooms at our school, like Handmaid's Tale,
Kite Runner, etc.

Is the English Department Head supportive of the decision?  Admin?  Does
your school have a policy in place when adding a book for instructional
purposes?

Jen Larkin
School Librarian
EO Smith High School