[CASL-L] Fwd:

Barbara Johnson bajohnson at colchesterct.org
Fri Jan 20 11:03:22 PST 2023

We have the most amazing speaker/author here presenting to the kids!
Please check him and his story out...what an amazing message and
presentation!
Barb

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Esb7or7tnd29-WItX2kihg4JWyzrTi2p/view

http://www.cultivatekindness.org/

"On October 27th, 2012 the unimaginable happened to our family: we lost our
little boy, Richard Edwin-Ehmer Specht (Rees) to a drowning in our backyard
pond. In the wake of that loss my wife Samantha and I started a foundation
called ReesSpecht Life. The foundation, and my school presentations,
represent our commitment to make the world a better place in his name.  We
can all work together and do the small things that make a big difference.

Our primary goal is to remind people, especially school aged children, the
importance of community, compassion and respect.  [image:
payitforwardpretty]Initially our way of accomplishing this was through
“ReesSpecht Life Cards”. We hand out the cards every time we perform an act
of kindness. The hope is that each person in turn will then also carry out
an act of kindness and a chain reaction will ensue. To this date over
280,000 ReesSpecht Life cards have been distributed worldwide.  We believe
we can make this world a better place, one Rees’ Piece at a time."

*Kids and staff will be reminded of the importance of community, compassion
and respect. After the presentation they will each be given a Pay It
Forward Card and instructions to track their acts of kindness.*
Barb

--
Please be aware that email communication can be intercepted in transmission
or misdirected. Please communicate sensitive information by telephone or in