[CASL-L] (no subject)

Tess Mawhinney-McCool tess.mawhinney at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 12:11:03 PDT 2024

Tess Mawhinney-McCool <tess.mawhinney at gmail.com>
Mon, Jul 8, 3:41 PM (5 days ago)
to casl-l

Dear Colleagues,

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far. I wanted to take a moment to
share some important information with you.

In April, Lindsay Delligan, Director of Jonathan Trumbull Library in
Lebanon, CT, and I, SLMS at South Windsor High School, were selected by ALA
to attend a three-day intensive training conducted by the Office of
Intellectual Freedom. Following this comprehensive program, we now serve as
Law for Librarians (L4L) Trainers for the state of Connecticut. This
comprehensive program focused on crucial issues specific to both public and
school libraries, including:

   -

   Intellectual freedom
   -

   Privacy and confidentiality (particularly in developing and implementing
   library policies)
   -

   Copyright laws pertaining to schools

I'm reaching out to all of you because, in our roles as L4L Trainers, we
are here as a resource to support those who have questions or face
challenges in these areas. Our services include:

   -

   Providing guidance on intellectual freedom, privacy, and copyright issues
   -

   Offering training sessions at conferences and professional development
   events for both school and public libraries
   -

   Delivering consultative information regarding First Amendment rights,
   policy development, and privacy & confidentiality matters to Boards of
   Education, library trustees, commissions, and boards

If you need support, have questions, or would like to arrange training,
please don't hesitate to contact us at: tess.mawhinney at gmail.com ;
ldelligan at gmail.com.

Thank you, and we look forward to assisting you as we navigate these
important aspects of our profession.

Best regards,

Tess McCool & Lindsay Delligan