[CASL-L] FW: "School Libraries and AI:" A School Library Summit from Library 2.0 on August 22, 2024

Gail Hurley Gail.Hurley at ct.gov
Wed Jul 17 13:10:51 PDT 2024

<[12739648862?profile=RESIZE_710x]<https://www.library20.com/school-libraries-and-ai>

OVERVIEW:

Our first Library 2.0 School Library Summit is "School Libraries and AI," and will be held online (and for free) on Thursday, August 22nd, 2024, from 12:00 - 3:00 pm US-Pacific Time.

Join us for an exciting and transformative mini virtual conference, "School Libraries and AI," designed specifically for school librarians and educators passionate about the future of library services. This event will explore the integration of artificial intelligence in school libraries, offering innovative strategies and practical insights to enhance learning and teaching experiences.

Our special conference chair is Elissa Malespina, writer of the AI School Librarians Newsletter. Following the opening keynote, we'll have three half-hour slots of sessions led by experienced school librarians who are at the forefront of AI integration, designed to provide practical, hands-on knowledge that you can apply in your own library and classroom.

We look forward to gathering online with you for this event!

REGISTRATION:

This is a free event, being held live online and also recorded.
REGISTER HERE<https://schoollibrariesandai.eventbrite.com/>
to attend live and/or to receive the recording links afterward.
Please also join the Library 2.0 community<https://www.library20.com/> to be kept updated on this and future events.

Everyone is invited to participate in our Library 2.0 conference events, which are designed to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing among information professionals worldwide. Each three-hour event consists of a keynote panel, 10-15 crowd-sourced thirty-minute presentations, and a closing keynote.

Participants are encouraged to use #library20<https://x.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=library20&src=typd> and #schoollibrariesandai<https://x.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=schoollibrariesandai&src=typd> on their social media posts about the event.

CONFERENCE CHAIR:
[12739667066?profile=RESIZE_400x]Elissa Malespina
The AI School Librarians Newsletter
OPENING KEYNOTE PANEL & SPECIAL ORGANIZER

Elissa Malespina is an award-winning school librarian, educational consultant, and advocate for technology integration in education. She writes The AI School Librarians Newsletter, where she shares insights on leveraging artificial intelligence to enhance library services and educational outcomes. Known for her innovative approach, Elissa has successfully implemented technology-driven initiatives that enrich student learning, such as virtual debates. Her work in educational equity includes testifying before the NJ Assembly Education Committee on the challenges faced by school librarians. Elissa is also featured in the book "Trouble in Censorville." Additionally, she runs her consulting company and provides professional development. Learn more about Elissa and her contributions at elissamalespina.com.

CALL FOR PROPOSALS:

The call for proposals is now open! We have a short turn-around time for this event, so we encourage you to submit quickly!

We request that session proposals are designed to provide practical, hands-on knowledge that can be applied a library and/or classroom, including:

  *   AI tools for enhancing library management and operations.
  *   Using AI to create personalized learning experiences for students.
  *   Ethical considerations and digital citizenship in the age of AI.

Submit a proposal HERE<https://www.library20.com/callforproposals>.

SUPPORT:
[12398414464]<https://www.futureofai.org/>

Visit Library 2.0 at: https://www.library20.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network