[CASL-L] What do learners gain with a full-time certified librarian? Quick survey

CASL President president at ctcasl.org
Mon Jul 22 05:05:22 PDT 2024

>From AASL Past-president Courtney Pentland:

The link to the form is at the bottom. : )

I have a small favor to ask. After reviewing responses to the Strategic
Plan Survey that was sent earlier this year and in speaking with school
librarians from across the country during my leadership visits this year, I
know one of the growing concerns across the country is the elimination of
school library positions or complete lack of school library positions. You
DO NOT have to be an AASL member to respond, so please share with all your
school library peeps! Deadline July 27th.

Some of you may recall a poster
<https://casl.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=0BD3qM2snOjvZ0zBqC2h68nI6BMbO0eW3qGrdZUcG8NDMZOLnYprvjVs1PXDnypGriJ5Picfm%2f1dXcgg%2fBgnH4514CzZrfjvvDe6G90SGns%3d>
that
was created during Nancy Everhart's term as AASL President 2010-2011.  I
remember picking up a printed version at a conference years ago, and I've
had it displayed in many libraries I've worked in.

I wanted to take this same idea and flip it to show what students GAIN when
they not only have a certified school librarian in their building, but one
who is full-time in the library and is provided with an adequate budget.

This is where you come in! I would LOVE to have your input on what to
include on this new poster. It might be something that is already on the
100 things poster, but it might be something different as some of what we
do has changed a bit in recent years.

In my mind at the moment, I'd like to highlight the top 25 – 50 things that
*we* come up with. If you would be so kind, please take a moment and submit
your ideas to this Google Form. You can always fill out the form more than
once if inspiration strikes multiple times.

My ultimate goal is to have this infographic available for school
librarians prior to August 2024 as a file that you can use and print in
whatever size or format you might like, so I'd love to have your responses
by end of day July 27th! You can even share it digitally with your decision
makers and stakeholders!

As a small thank you, I will select several respondents for a random prize
in appreciation of your time spent and your ideas given.

Here's a Link to the Form! https://bit.ly/3V9icJc
<https://casl.wildapricot.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=dr1N4mY%2fM3VY2g2jSQo9a8QgOOCOk4c%2bT8ox5Rsiy%2f%2f%2byaY4%2fnbsWOIQJbmoICecjYtyoIYu1Pa9OMqpYh97%2blR8tZG70vtyyBTPfpX2Sm8%3d>

Thank you in advance for taking the time to fill this out. I am looking for
input from ALL school librarians, so please share with your friends. You DO
NOT have to be an AASL Member to provide input!

Unsubscribe
<https://casl.wildapricot.org/Sys/Unsubscribe?et=oJ6xmYNykgyBVXK95TgTRP1IbQ2%2bQEq6qvbDXsx%2fd1KuIfaaVRhmqEkgkvXOM6pYm1uicK0b47BmuGJjdfkOzK%2fjonjMpFujkd%2fPoOCYpw3YfrkFdHYh41RiUS%2f9HpYjSzKhtpbsRvRpBxcpvkviZoceMfo%3d&up=%3fet%3dBxCkDV3NKtNpyi6nUPDAT2DRhNjPr9LE1EIGCsjPx7h%252bNI9s7zwXGo4srlDdeWqbgyjyMsdsw2trRGaFbK6kIGdSjm7ZG9uj8ezdfntzE93jIluANe3Y%252bUv2x6uGI24m9ov%252bNuyc77oZJGzCR0jiJxPLTT8%253d>