[CASL-L] This week in CT Libraries: 6.3.24

Ellen Paul epaul at ctlibrarians.org
Mon Jun 3 06:30:07 PDT 2024

Good Morning CT Libraries, here's what's going on this week.

CLC HAPPENINGS

The small libraries roundtable<https://www.ctlibrarians.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1830470> is today at 10am, talking about staff development.

Preview for next week:  we're hosting a webinar with the Employer's Association of the NorthEast on Managing Mental Health:  ADA, Leaves and Employee Morale<https://www.ctlibrarians.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1812697&group=>.

NEWS OF NOTE

Congratulations to Carrie Brandt at the West Haven Library!  She's been awarded AFSCME's Never Quit Service Award. <https://www.afscme.org/blog/at-a-small-connecticut-library-never-quit-winner-carrie-bryant-creates-connections-among-strangers>

And, congratulations to Barbara Glinka of the Ferguson Library!<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWES-kSRK4M>  She is one of the first people to graduate from the new CT State Community College with a Library Technology Certificate.  She was honored by a visit by Dr. Maduko, the President of CT State.  You can learn more about the Library Technology Certificate (available online through the Three Rivers branch of CT State) here<https://www.ctlibrarians.org/page/3Rivers>.

If you or your library is in the news and I miss it, drop me a line!

Have a good week,
Ellen

Ellen Paul
Executive Director