[CASL-L] This week in CT Libraries: 6.17.24

Ellen Paul epaul at ctlibrarians.org
Mon Jun 17 06:10:09 PDT 2024

Good Morning CT Libraries, here’s what’s going on this week.

CLC HAPPENINGS
South Central Library Directors Roundtable will meet on Tuesday. <https://www.ctlibrarians.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1864993>

CLC will be closed on Wednesday in observance of Juneteenth.

Thursday is our 21st annual meeting.  This meeting, required by our bylaws, asks membership to pass the FY 24/25 budget and dues structure plus approve new board members.  Still time to RSVP.  Register today!<https://www.ctlibrarians.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1853974&group=>

NEWS OF NOTE

West Haven approves $1M to restore Allingtown Branch.<https://www.nhregister.com/news/article/west-haven-library-allingtown-branch-funding-19508853.php>

New Haven Teacher’s Union President says to BOE and Superintendent:  “​“Our students deserve fully-staffed and fully-stocked libraries so they can put their improved reading skills to work. So they can develop a love of reading because that’s fostered by having access to a library, not simply by monitoring progress on a computer program.”<https://www.newhavenindependent.org/article/teachers_paras_no_cuts>

Greenwich Elementary School Students can borrow from 40,000 ebooks this summer.<https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/a-first-in-greenwich-students-can-borrow-books-from-digital-elementary-school-library-all-summer/ar-BB1o21lz>

Wilton Library celebrates pride month!<https://www.wiltonbulletin.com/news/article/wilton-pride-month-crosswalks-library-ymca-19495430.php>

Otis Library art exhibit asks folks to walk a mile in a foster child’s shoes.<https://www.norwichbulletin.com/story/news/local/2024/06/14/jac-lahav-walk-a-mile-art-exhibit-foster-parents-otis-library-norwich-conn/74090388007/>

Silas Bronson is the next stop on the CT Freedom Trail.  <https://www.rep-am.com/localnews/2024/06/16/service-for-waterburys-third-stop-on-the-connecticut-freedom-trail-to-be-held-tuesday/>

If you or your library is in the news and I miss it, drop me a line!

Have a good week,
Ellen

Ellen Paul
Executive Director