[CASL-L] Seeking YA book recommendations

Gina Wiese librarianlion at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 18:39:33 PDT 2024

The Luis Ortega Survival Club by Sonora Reyes is told from the perspective
of a selectively mute autistic teenage girl as she finds community with
other sexual assault survivors in her school. Sonora Reyes writes excellent
YA, with incredibly funny prose to lighten the tension around the
vulnerability of her characters. I also highly recommend her book the
Lesbianas Guide to Catholic School, which delves into themes of racism
within queer identity.