TBPH 3rd ANNUAL MOTV TROP ROCK FEST

Tue Oct 18 07:38:52 PDT 2016

Dear Trop Rock Friends & Fans

Summer Crush Winery is excited to announce our  3rd  ANNUAL MUSIC ON THE VINE (MOTV) Trop Rock Music Fest, Saturday January 21st  from 11am-7pm. The day is a celebration of Trop Rock music in honor of Jimmy Buffett’s move to Key West from Nashville, and the beginning of a unique Florida music genre that celebrates all things sand, sun, surf and salt.

If you are not familiar with the term; Trop Rock is a fairly recent genre of music that is growing in popularity and incorporates elements and influences of rock and roll, reggae, country, Caribbean, Calypso and zydeco music, with themes and compositions inspired by a sun, sand, surf, salt and island lifestyle. Trop Rock Festivals are popping up all over the country with some of the biggest being Music on The Bay (MOTB) in Tampa and the Meeting of the Minds (MOTM) in the Keys. “Now we have one right here on the Treasure Coast known as Music on the Vine (MOTV)”, says Summer Crush owner Gary Roberts.

This year’s MOTV opens at 11:00 am with one of Trop Rocks most recognizable names: Sunny Jim White, the 2015 Trop Rock Male Vocalist of the Year winner! “Sunny Jim” grew up in Southern California, and like Buffett, after a stint in Nashville headed south to the clear waters of the Tropic, before settling down in Sarasota in 2000. With over 10 CD’s to his credit, his fans enjoy songs that tell stories of life in the Caribbean and the tropical sunshine. Known affectionately as “Sunny”, Jim is a mainstay at many of the biggest Trop Rock events around. Sunny Jim - Emcee Extraordinaire -will be emceeing the day.

Second up on the pavilion stage about 12:45 pm is the very energetic 2015 Trop Rock Duo of the Year nominated couple of Gary & Kerri, also from Florida’s West Coast. Gary has played guitar with a variety of artists including Trop Rock legend Jim Morris and the Big Bamboo Band, as well as The Platters, The Coasters, and has performed at Farm Aid with Willie Nelson. Kerri Lynn, a Florida transplant from New Jersey, has sang backup for Rod Stewart,  performed the National Anthem in packed arenas, all while performing with local & regional variety/show bands. With diverse vocal ability, she can be heard singing anything from Patsy Cline to Melissa Etheridge as well as the multitude of original songs that she and Gary have written.

>From Jacksonville Florida comes our third band, The Conch Fritters Trio,  is up at 2:30 pm with their genuine island sounds and unique arrangements of Trop Rock favorites. The band incorporates soothing ukulele sounds, amazing guitar virtuosity, and fiery steel pan rhythms. You’ll think you’re in the Caribbean listening to Bob Marley, or on Bourbon Street enjoying Smooth Jazz, or in the Florida Keys chillin with the likes of  Buffett and Chesney. Having been nominated for the 2012, 2013, 2014, and  2015 Trop Rock Music Awards "Duo/Trio of the Year," and member Dustin Barber Nominated for Trop Rock "Musician of the Year" in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, the Conch Fritters put on one AMAZING show!

At 4:30 pm, the fourth spot on the roster needed a band with four members to keep the pattern going, so we called on our good friends the Mango Brothers Band from Merritt Island to round out the day. The Mangos will bring their special laid back and fun vibe they call Coral Reefer Rock. Although they may not be a big name in the Trop Rock scene… yet… these self-proclaimed Saltwater Troubadours have been sharing their Twist of Lime tunes for years in Tiki Bars from Lexington SC to Cayo Hueso in the Keys. Always bringing their suitcase of toys for audience participation so you can join them on your favorite tunes with your own shaker, and dance in Trop Rock style with one of the Mango’s Lei’s!

To close the day out… our unique SUMMER CRUSH SHIFTY COWBOY GRAN FINALLY SURF BAND takes the stage at 6:30 pm! Last year Sunny Jim, Rob Mehl and winery owner Gary Roberts ended the MOTV event with an impromptu Surf Instro jam that went over better than anyone imagined, so plans are in the works for a repeat including Sunny Jim on lead, The Mango's - Tom Coyle on rhythm, Mango drummer Oli Downes and winery owner/wanna be musician - Gary Roberts on bass! You won’t want to miss seeing this MOTV closing tradition.

For great food, Polito Catering will be serving their delicious American and locally inspired cuisine both days, and on Saturday, Good Eats Food trailer will also be on hand with their unique American Thai fusion fare spotlighting seafood treats along with Florida Cracker Kettle Corn serving their delicious kettle corn. Food is not included in the ticket price. Summer Crush will add to the spirit with popular beverage specials like; Wine Slushees, our signature Summer Crush, Sangria, and Wine based cocktails (like Margarita, Rum Punch, Bloody Mary, Sea Breeze & more)  as well as the ever popular Landshark and other Florida and Caribbean beers, in addition to all their regular beverage offerings.

And there’s still more! The next day (January 22nd) is Sunday Mangro-ritaville at the winery from noon-5pm. Local Watersong troubadour M.J. Wicker opens for the 2015 Florida Entertainers of the Year Award winners and Trop Rock favorites, the Highway One Band will be  keeping the Trop Rock spirit going for a second day!

As with all our events: NO OFF PREMISE COOLERS, FOOD, OR BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND including water allowed. We will have everything you need, including ice and water. Absolutely no Tailgating allowed. You will be asked to leave the premises if you do not comply. Also pets, other than bonafide service dogs, are not allowed.

This is a Rain or Shine event, with several other fun things to do besides listening to great music all day, like a wine tastings in the winery tasting room and browsing the unique gift shop, and games like; 9 hole disc golf course through the vineyard, giant lawn chess, giant 4 in a row, and giant jenga, several corn hole games, hula hoops and more.

Early Advance General Admission Tickets are only $15 through November 3rd 2016, $17 through December 2nd 2016, $19.00 through January 6th, and $21 until January 20th. Day of tickets are $25. So get yours now and save! Special group pricing for 10 or more, of 10% off current ticket prices, are available by calling the winery at 772 460 0500. NO day of discounts.

Like last year, this is a Trop Rock Party with a Purpose, with $2 of each ticket sold going to the local charity: TRIDENT HOUSE FOR NAVY SEALS, a tranquil waterfront residence located directly along the beautiful Indian River in Sebastian, Florida. The lovely home serves as a critical and complimentary respite for the families of U.S. Navy SEALs and all Special Operations Forces who need a break from the longest war in the history of our country. .

For those who will be coming from out of town, our Host Hotel is the Holiday Inn Express West in Fort Pierce, conveniently located between I-95 and Florida Turnpike exits in Ft Pierce at 7151 Okeechobee Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34945. It is only 8 minutes from the winery and as our Host Hotel partner they will be offering significant discounts to customers who mention Summer Crush Winery when making their reservations. For blocks of rooms of 10 or more made at one time, be sure to ask about possible deeper discounts. Reservations can be made by calling 772 464 5000.

If you have a fully contained RV, you can stay with us right here on the winery property by joining Harvest Hosts (www.harvesthosts.com), a great program that allows you to stay at wineries and farms all over the country. We will have limited spaces so call to reserve yours early.

Summer Crush Winery is a certified Florida Farm Winery handcrafting award winning wines at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce Florida. Open Tuesday through Friday 11am-5pm, Saturday 11am-6pm and every Sunday music and food events are held from noon–5pm. 772 460 0500. www.summercrushwine.com<http://www.endlesssummerwine.com>   info at summercrushwine.com<mailto:info at endlesssummerwine.com>

We look forward to another great day of Trop Rockin phun!

Gary Roberts

Owner: Sumer Crush WInery