TBPH 8/16 Meeting & PHlock update

Fri Aug 11 09:26:24 PDT 2017

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooo Tampa Bay Parrot Heads!!!!!

What time is it?????

It's time for a PHintastic time at our meeting on Wednesday, 8/16/17, 6pm at Whiskey Joe's!!!!! Parking is at a premium, arrive early and stay late.

Connie Church and Patrick Foy

will be there to entertain us

Buffet at 6:30pm, lanyard (name badge) is required.

Please RSVP by Monday 8/14 at 5pm. WJ's needs a head count for the buffet. IF YOU DO NOT RSVP, WJ'S DOESN'T KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD TO MAKE!!!!

Cut n paste to RSVP
 http://whoozin.com/9ET-RQH-TE76

Sign-up sheets @ Welcome Court…

Bar Stroll, $10 Mixology contest for Friday evening and $10 for Poker Run

23rd TBPH Birthday Bash, $50 for any parrot head in good standing and $60 for non-parrot head. You can also register on line.

23rd Birthday Bash pool games:

1) Cardboard and duct tape boat contest - the boat needs to get across the pool and still phloat!

2) Synchronized swimming - must wear a bathing cap and best the best team!

Pirate Water Taxi, 11/18/17 - $20pp - limit 42

Last night to see Michelle at the Fins to da Left store to order you're TBPH logo t-shirt and bottle cap earrings. Order forms attached.

If you have any good stories from the tailgate, see Tyler Omoth. He's writing our Golden Coconut essay.

Have any little items sitting around looking to help us raise some money????? We could use some spin-a-wheel items. Any koozies, beads, key chains, etc would be welcome!

If you have any Birthday raffle and basket items, please bring to any meeting and give to Sharon, Chief Officer of Charities, This year, if you have a bottle of booze or wine (valued at $10 or higher) that you'd like to give up / re-gift, give to Susan Seamon for the Duck, duck booze contest (what is it???? details to come).

Have event pictures, please send to photos at finsup.com . Don't forget to visit our website at www.finsup.com<http://www.finsup.com>. There is a calednar for the year, so you can check your dates!

15th Annual Phintastic Bar<http://www.holiday-isles.com/> Stroll, 8/18-8/20/17, Holiday Isles Hotel - Special email to come out this week.

Mixology, Friday evening, 8/18 8pm-10pm, $10 for each room entry and $10 per person that wants to partake of the progressive bar stroll and vote on the best mixologist. ALL progressive bar stroll / judging participants money will go to USF Endowment for Marine Sciences.

Winner will be announced at 10:30pm.

How does this work? There will be 10 rooms or more that will be serving a specialty drink. To be part of the progressive bar stroll from 8-10pm and to judge the mixology contest, the cost is $10. You will be given 10 tickets at registration (or more depending on participants) for selecting the mixology winner. Each room will have a cup to place you tickets and to vote for your favorite drink. At 10pm, all rooms will take their cups to pool area for judge to count and announce winner.

Saturday night, Poker Run.

Poker Run - Saturday night - $10 per person (50/50 - to winner and USF Endowment for Marine Sciences.

How does this work? You will receive a card starting at the Holiday Isles Resort Pool area at 5:30pm and you will get a card at each of the bar stops and two at Daiquiri Deck. You will have a total of 5 cards. There will be a dealer at each if the areas/bars to give you your card. Winner will be announced by the Judge at TBD at 10pm. You will receive a wrist band at registration for the Poker Run.

Winner wins 50% of money collected or can donate it back to USF endowment for Marine Sciences.

5th Wednesday, Sea Hags, 8/30 6-10pm. Come and join us and we met up with our cuzzins from the beach area.

9555 Blind Pass Rd. where Treasure Island turns into St. Pete Beach- its off to side of bridge connecting Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach on water.

50/50 raffle

Drink specials are:
$2 Fireball shots and mich ultra pints

$3 capt morgan, bacardi and all smirnoff flavors

$4 titos vodka, sangria and all house wines.

PHood specials to 7 pm (with lanyard) -- $5 pizza, coconut shrimp, fried mushrooms, potato skins and fried pickles.

Time to book your Birthday Party Room and start thinking about your Saturday night outfit.

Theme is 20's dress Parrot Head style - are you out getting ideas?????

Call the Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove at 727-867-1151 to make your reservation for the 23rd Birthday Bash (9/15-9/17). Rooms are 89.99 a night. They have a few pet rooms.

Deadline to book at the Tampa Bay Parrot Head rate is August 17, 2017.

Please book through the TBPH block at the Hotel so we can get the room nights towards the band rooms.

SAVE THE DATES:

Bar Stroll, 8/18-8/20/17
TBPH 23rd Birthday Bash, 9/15-9/17/17
MOTM 11/1-5/17
Pirate Water Taxi 11/18/17
Holiday Party, Saturday, 12/9/17
MOTB 3/1-3/4/17 (kick-off on 2/28 at Whiskey Joe's)

FINS UP!!!!!