TBPH ELECTION BULLETIN #2 – NOMINATION-APPLICATION INFORMATION
TBPH mailing list
finsup at mylist.net
Sun Jul 15 17:58:18 PDT 2018
July 16, 2018
ELECTION BULLETIN #2 – NOMINATION-APPLICATION INFORMATION
(Please also read “Election Bulletin#1 – The Rules” if you have not yet done so.)
Hello, Tampa Bay Parrot Heads:
What time is it?? It’s Election Time!!
Here it is, what you’ve all been waiting for: your chance to make a difference, to step up and get involved! Every two years the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club holds Elections for its four Elected Officers. The Elected Officers serve a two-year term, and are welcome to run again in the next election. The upcoming term begins on January 1, 2019.
Here is how the system works. (Rules? We have rules? Yes we do, and here they are.)
1) Read the enclosed Duties of the Elected Officers. If you think that you would make a good Candidate to run for one of these Offices, please complete the Nomination-Application Form and
1) hand-deliver it to Tim or Carol Gerlach during a meeting (we’ll be at the bar);
2) email the information to Carol or Tim at tgcsg1 at msn.com<mailto:tgcsg1 at msn.com>. (the form is not necessary,
just include all the required information);
3) mail it to Carol or Tim at the address on the form.
2) Monday, July 30: Nomination-Applications must be in the hands of the Elections Chairpersons (Carol or Tim) either via mail, hand-delivered, or emailed, no later than midnight July 30, 2018, in order to be considered.
3) When the Nomination-Applications have been received, we will confirm that each potential Candidate is a Member-In-Good-Standing (a Member-In-Good-Standing is a member who is current in their dues) AND has been a Member-In-Good-Standing for the past two consecutive years (as required by our Bylaws) and has held a Fruitcake Board position for a year. The Nomination-Application also requires that each potential Candidate provides a Campaign Statement in which he/she tells their fellow members why he/she would make a good Elected Officer: what qualities and experiences they possess, what actions they intend to bring to the Office if elected, that kind of thing.
(A copy of the ByLaws will be provided to anyone upon request. The Bylaws detail the rules that the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club follows, as well as the duties and requirements of the Elected Officials.)
4) Wednesday August 1: Candidates will be announced/introduced at the August 1st Meeting at Whiskey Joe's. The list of Candidates, along with their Campaign Statements, will go out to the email-list after the Meeting. Copies of the Campaign Statements will be available at meetings.
5) Monday August 6: Ballots will be mailed to all Members-In-Good-Standing, along with the Candidates’ Campaign Statements. See Elections Bulletin #1 for further details about the Ballots.
6) Monday August 20: This is the deadline for ballots to be returned to the Elections Chairperson, either hand-delivered or via mail; if mailed they must be postmarked no later than August 20, 1918, in order to be valid. During the 2nd Wednesday Meeting on August 15th there will be a Ballot Box available for anyone who wants to hand-deliver their ballot to Carol or Tim Gerlach.
The winner is the Candidate who receives the majority of the votes cast for that position, which means that they must receive more votes than each competitor receives. If no candidate receives a majority (a tie) there will be a run-off election between the Candidates for that Office. [The details of a run-off election will be determined at the time that it is discovered that a tie has occurred.]
7) Wednesday September 5: Winners will be announced/introduced at the September 5th meeting, and then posted on the website.
If you have any questions regarding the election process, please contact me. I will be pleased to answer any questions that you have. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence. You can speak with me at a meeting – I can normally be found at the bar. Or you can email me at tgcsg1 at msn.com<mailto:tgcsg1 at msn.com>.
Carol and Tim Gerlach
Elections Committee Chairpersons
Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: TBPH 2018 ELECTIONS - BULLETIN#2C - Nomination-ApplicationForm 062918.doc
Size: 16384 bytes
Desc: TBPH 2018 ELECTIONS - BULLETIN#2C - Nomination-ApplicationForm 062918.doc
More information about the Finsup