(Please also read “Election Bulletin#1 – The Rules” if you have not yet done so.)
Hello, Tampa Bay Parrot Heads:
What time is it?? It’s Election Time!!
Here it is… what you’ve all been waiting for: your chance to make a difference, to step up and get involved! Every two years the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club holds Elections for its four Elected Officers. The Elected Officers serve a two-year term, and are welcome to run again in the next election. The upcoming term begins on January 1, 2017.
Here is how the system works. (Rules? We have rules? Yes we do, and here they are.)
1) Read the enclosed Duties of the Elected Officers. If you think that you would make a good Candidate to run for one of these Offices, please complete the Nomination-Application Form and
A. hand-deliver it to Tim Gerlach during a meeting (usually we’re not too far from the bar);
B. email the information to Tim Gerlach at firstname.lastname@example.org (the form is not necessary, just include all the required information);
C. mail it to Tim Gerlach at the address on the form.
2) Midnight, Monday, July 25th, 2016: Nomination-Applications must be in the hands of the Elections Chairperson (Tim Gerlach) either via mail, hand-delivered, or emailed, no later than Midnight, Monday, July 25th, 2016, in order to be considered.
3) When the Nomination-Applications have been received, we will confirm that each potential Candidate is a Member-In-Good-Standing (a Member-In-Good-Standing is a member who is current in their dues) AND has been a Member-In-Good-Standing for the past two consecutive years (as required by our Bylaws). The Nomination-Application also requires that each potential Candidate provides a Campaign Statement in which he/she tells their fellow members why he/she would make a good Elected Officer: what qualities and experiences they possess, what actions they intend to bring to the Office if elected, that kind of thing.
(A copy of the ByLaws will be provided to anyone upon request. The Bylaws detail the rules that the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club follows, as well as the duties and requirements of the Elected Officials.)
4) Meeting on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016: Candidates will be announced/introduced at the August 6th Meeting at Whiskey Joe's. The list of Candidates, along with their Campaign Statements, will go out to the email-list after the Meeting. Copies of the Campaign Statements will be available at meetings.
5) Monday, August 8th, 2016: Ballots will be mailed to all Members-In-Good-Standing, along with the Candidates’ Campaign Statements. See Elections Bulletin #1 for further details about the Ballots.
6) Monday, August 29th, 2016: This is the deadline for ballots to be returned to the Elections Chairperson, either hand-delivered or via mail; if mailed they must be postmarked no later than Monday, August 29th, 2016, in order to be valid. The winner is the Candidate who receives the majority of the votes cast for that position, which means that they must receive more votes than each competitor receives. If no candidate receives a majority (a tie) there will be a run-off election between the Candidates for that Office. [The details of a run-off election will be determined at the time that it is discovered that a tie has occurred.]
7) Wednesday, September 7th, 2016: Winners will be announced/introduced at the September 7th meeting, and then posted on the website.
If you have any questions regarding the election process, please contact us. We will be pleased to answer any questions that you have. All inquiries will be held in the strictest confidence. You can speak with us at a meeting. Or you can email me at email@example.com.
Elections Committee Chairperson
Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club