[MCOH-EH] Sending replies to the list

Dr Joe Fanucchi drjoe at meditrax.com
Sun Dec 14 16:13:44 PST 2014

Good morning,

Just a couple of housekeeping items as we all get ready for the holidays ...

#1: I've noticed an increasing number of messages with the subject
listing in the format of
*  Re: [MCOH-EH] MCOH-EH Digest, Vol 249, Issue 14*

Unfortunately, this doesn't provide any useful information to other
subscribers who are trying to follow a particular discussion thread.
When replying to a message, PLEASE take the time to indicate the SUBJECT
of your reply, such as
*Re: [MCOH-EH] MMR & VZ - proof of immunity*

#2: In this week's messages, you can see a good example of what happens
when subscribers just hit the *Reply* button. Someone's overzealous
email client added the words *[This might be SPAM]* to an incoming
message -- and so his/her reply to that message included that warning
language in the subject. Half a dozen others who then simply hit *Reply*
to THAT message had that same warning included in the subject of THEIR
messages as well ... so I've gotten quite a few individual inquiries
from subscribers asking if our list is now overrun with spam. The quick
answer is no -- I do my best to delete the hundreds of bot-generated
spam messages which are sent to the list each day, but these
particular*[This might be SPAM]* messages aren't bot-generated --
they're the result of one email client modifying the subject line of an
incoming message, and many subscribers replying to that message without
editing out the spam warning in the subject line.

Thanks for your (momentary) attention to this ... it should help keep
the list more informative and easy-to-follow for everyone.

Respectfully,

Joe Fanucchi

--
*Joe Fanucchi MD FACOEM*