[MCOH-EH] Methadone

Senior, Cathy (DRMC) CESenior at phhealthcare.org
Wed Jul 30 07:59:22 PDT 2014

We have a candidate for hire which is a known methadone user. This candidate does have a legal prescription for the drug but it makes me alittle nervous. We are considering doing random drug screens for a period of time just to be assurred that this person is not taking anything not prescribed. The candidate relates that the methadone is prescribed for severe pain and has been on it for the past year. Any thoughts and past experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy Senior RN BSN CDE
Employee Health Director
Penn Highlands DuBois
100 Hospital Avenue