[MCOH-EH] [Bulk] OSHA REGULATIONS

Kathy Dayvault KDayvault11 at att.net
Tue Jun 17 10:25:59 PDT 2014

Look at the blood borne pathogen exposure regulation. I use the hospital
etool
. It helps you find specifics faster.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/hospital/index.html

BBP reg: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/hospital/hazards/bbp/bbp.html

*	Employer should establish and maintain both medical and training
records [29 CFR 1910.1030(h)(1)
<https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_
id=10051>  and 29 CFR 1910.1020
<https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_
id=10027> ].

*  If an exposure incident occurs, employer should add reports to the
medical record to document the incident, including testing results following
the incident, follow-up procedures, and the written opinion of the health
care professional.

§  Medical Records must be preserved and maintained for each employee with
an occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens [29 CFR 1910.1030(h)(1)
<https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=STANDARDS&p_
id=10051#1910.1030(h)(1)> ] and for at least the duration of employment plus
30 years. They must be kept confidential (not disclosed without written
permission of employee, except by law) and separate from other personnel
records and must also include:

§  The employee's name and social security number, hepatitis B vaccination
status, including the dates of vaccination and medical records related to
the employee's ability to receive vaccinations.

Hope you find this helpful
. Very quick resource once you click on the
hazard that you want.

Kathy Dayvault, RN, BSN, MPH, COHN-S/CM

Independent OHN Consultant