[MCOH-EH] [Bulk] OSHA REGULATIONS

Davis, Sue Sue.Davis at nmhs.org
Wed Jun 18 12:45:40 PDT 2014

We're actually on paper in EH. So all (BBF, initial Injury, etc) EH medical records are kept in EH or scanned into Record Link, which is only accessible by EH providers.  WC is in another software system, only accessible by EH providers.

The EH providers do have access to our patient medical record system, to look up Source results.  We have the ability to look at employee personal records, assuming they are/have been a patient.  But all titers (including MMR, HB) are drawn using a unique code, and would not be in the patient record.

Thanks,
Sue Davis MS, BSN, RN, CVRN - BC, NE-BC
Service Leader, Learning Center & Employee Health
Methodist Health System
8601 West Dodge Road, Suite 18, Omaha, NE 68114
Phone:  (402) 354-5694
Learning Center Fax: (402) 354-5466
Employee Health Fax: (402) 354-8819
sue.davis at nmhs.org<mailto:sue.davis at nmhs.org>
 "No one of us is as smart as all of us."-Ken Blanchard

Are these separate medical record systems used for all employee work-related injuries/illnesses or only for blood and body fluid exposures?  Do the EH providers also have access to the electronic personal health records within the hospital system, or only the EH records?

Thanks.

Kenneth P. Subin, MD, MPH, CIME, CMRO
Clinical Medical Director
Occupational Medicine