[MCOH-EH] OH charge coding standards and medical records auditing

Deborah Sampson dsampson at crhc.org
Wed Nov 5 13:04:11 PST 2014

Hi All
I have just received word from my Director that my medical records have been audited for coding accuracy. I have a meeting in a week about this (although I do not have the specifics) and am wondering if anyone has any references for provider coding in Occ Health Workers comp injuries. I have been doing this for 2 decades, have my cheat sheets still, but am wondering if I may have missed something new.

Also, have any of the rest of you who work in a hospital owned OH (that is not the hospital employee health department) had accuracy audits on your charts? I have had one in my current institution (more than 2 years ago) where I scored 97% accuracy. Haven't had one since.

I am not opposed to process improvement and learning if things have changed, so this may be an opportunity.

Just curious about others' experiences  and thoughts.
Thanks
Deb

Deborah A. Sampson, PhD, APRN,
FNP-BC, COHN-S, FAANP, NCRME