[MCOH-EH] Medical clearance for Ebola PPE

Hodgson, Michael - OSHA Hodgson.Michael at dol.gov
Wed Oct 22 14:30:33 PDT 2014

There are some data that suggest as soon as you're using N95s, you may need to block 2-hour segments as a substantial proportion of HCW can tolerate only a shorter period of time than 4 hours (see: Shenal BV, Radonovich LJ Jr, Cheng J, Hodgson M, Bender BS. Discomfort and exertion associated with prolonged wear of respiratory protection in a health care setting.<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22168256> J Occup Environ Hyg. 2012;9:59-64.)

Michael Hodgson, MD