[MCOH-EH] Flu vaccine season

Angeli Mancuso a1mancus at sbch.org
Tue Sep 23 13:27:49 PDT 2014

This is our second season of a vaccinate or mask policy.

*         Employees who are vaccinated receive a badge indicator (small, colored zip tie that creates a ring on the badge and cannot be removed).

*          Anyone without an indicator must wear a mask at all times while at work, regardless of patient care. Leadership felt this supported the message that we were protecting each other as much as we are protecting our patients.

*         Employees may decline for any reason but must sign a formal declination and tell us the reason for declining (which made our NHSN reporting easier).

*         Compliance deadline is November 1 to receive the vaccine or wear the mask. Those who do not complete either by the deadline are subject to corrective action.

Stay healthy!

Angeli Mancuso, RN, COHN-S/CM
Employee Health & Safety Manager
Cottage Health System