[MCOH-EH] Flagging Injuries Due to Violence by Patients and Visitors

Blankenship, Lisa LBLANKE1 at hfhs.org
Wed Sep 24 08:06:15 PDT 2014

Good Morning,
Wondering if anyone uses an electronic flagging system to alert caregivers if a patient has had a violent episode in the past?  If so, would you be willing to share your process/policy?  If a visitor is involved with violence do you flag that somewhere?

Thanks so much,
Lisa

Lisa Blankenship, CHSP
Employee Safety Officer
Manager, Employee Safety, Human Resources
Henry Ford Health System
One Ford Place
Detroit, Michigan 48202
248.875 1713

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy & Security page on www.henryford.com for more detailed information as well as information concerning MyChart, our new patient portal. If you do not believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.