[MCOH-EH] Needlestick/Blood and body fluid exposure Evaluations

Morelli, Karen J kmorelli at emhs.org
Wed Feb 11 09:04:52 PST 2015

The source patient is evaluated as you mentioned.  The Healthcare Worker comes to Employee Health for evaluation/counseling-- or the Nursing Supervisor /ED if after hours.  Hep B Surface Antibody  (if we don't already know it is positive), HCV and HIV (not rapid) are ordered on all exposures so we know what the HCW's baseline is at the time of exposure.

Thank you,
Karen Morelli RN, BSN
Employee Health and Occupational Medicine
Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems