[MCOH-EH] Needlestick/Blood and body fluid exposure Evaluations

Seufert, Diana Diana.Seufert at bmc.org
Wed Feb 11 12:46:32 PST 2015

We handle some incidents by phone, some face to face.
Most of our employees have a known HBsAB status at the time of hire.
Most of our source patients do get tested.
Some employees who are notified that the source has no risks and has negative testing opt out/decline consent of testing for themselves.
We have 4th generation HIV AG/AB testing and generally test 6 weeks, 3 months, 6  months on employees when source testing is positive (some employee opt for a less rigorous schedule when source testing is negative but the source has potential risks).

Diana Seufert RN, MSN, NP
Boston Medical Center
Occupational & Environmental Medicine
Doctor's Office Building (DOB) 7th floor, Suite 703
720 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA  02218
p  617-638-8400    f  617-638-8406