[MCOH-EH] Offsite Employee Health

Kim.Thompson at hcahealthcare.com Kim.Thompson at hcahealthcare.com
Thu Feb 12 14:53:16 PST 2015

I used to be housed in an Occ Health clinic at our 2nd campus which was primarily psych & rehab pts. The clinic, while a dept of the hospital, also saw clients from all occupations as well as our employees.
It worked to my advantage as I learned more about Occ Health (more general; injuries/issues outside of the hospital world), I had help that I wouldn’t have had if I’d been on main campus – a NP and a couple of med techs that could do VS, administer meds/tb tests, do drug screens, etc for new hires and post-accident. Routine lab draws were primarily done at the main hospital lab but could be done at the clinic as well.

The hospital decided to close that dept in 4/11. However, a local Occ Health clinic bought it. I moved to main campus but the NP & the techs stayed and worked for the new company. I maintained a good relationship with them and they continued to see my injured employees as well as tb tests/titers, etc for the employees who worked at that campus.

Since then, I have contracted out my new hires to them. They do the fit tests, color blind tests, TSPOT & titer draws, and flu/Tdap vaccinations as well as Fit for Duty exams.

Let me know if you wish more info.

Kim Thompson RN, BSN
Employee Health Nurse Manager
Medical Center of McKinney
4500 Medical Center Drive - MOB, Suite 105
McKinney, TX     75069

972- 540- 4218 (phone)
469 - 713- 8660 (fax)

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CF4282.77AF90D0]