[MCOH-EH] Childcare for Employees

Kuschel-Rapaski, Betty BKUSCHE1 at hfhs.org
Fri Feb 27 08:39:52 PST 2015

Good morning to all,
This year has been a winter to remember.  My system is being challenge with providing child care for the times that the area schools are closed because of bad weather.  Our call-in rate is sky high because many of our employees do not have child care arrangements for their children when school is cancelled.

Does your facility have a program like this in place?
How did you get it up and running?
How do you provide supervision for these children
Would you please share your policy and process?
Do you provide child care on all three shifts?
Was your program successful?  (decreased call-in rate because of bad weather)

Thank you for your assistance and sharing your knowledge.

Betty Kuschel-Rapaski, RN, BSN, COHN-S, CHSP
Employee Health Services Manager
Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
    586.203.1662
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
    248.661.6591

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email contains information from the sender that may be CONFIDENTIAL, LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY or otherwise protected from disclosure. This email is intended for use only by the person or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, printing, or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this email, is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sending party by reply email, delete the email from your computer system and shred any paper copies.

Note to Patients: There are a number of risks you should consider before using e-mail to communicate with us. See our Privacy & Security page on www.henryford.com for more detailed information as well as information concerning MyChart, our new patient portal. If you do not believe that our policy gives you the privacy and security protection you need, do not send e-mail or Internet communications to us.