[MCOH-EH] Education for Safe Sharps Handling and Best practices

Diane Shaw diane.shaw at tuality.org
Fri Feb 27 11:11:32 PST 2015

How are you educating your staff and sharps handing? We have BBP exposure booklets while questionnaires upon hire, and then a computer course yearly. We also have a post exposure computer course that is required, plus the employee is issued a Safety Concern Memo which stays in their file for 12 months and is then shredded, should no other exposures occur in that time frame.  However, we are having some exposures happening in odd ways  and there doesn't seem to be any common threads.

Any idea on new educational materials or methods would be helpful.

Thanks!

Diane M. Shaw, RN, BSN, CIC
Tuality Healthcare
Employee Health Services
335 S.E. 8th Ave
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone: 503.681.1444
Fax: 503.681.4170
Tues.-Fri. 0730-1700 hours

The contents of this transmission may be confidential in nature and should be directed only to the addressee. Do not read, copy, or disseminate this material unless you are the intended recipient. If this transmission has reached you in error, please forward this e-mail to the sender to advise, then destroy the message.