[MCOH-EH] OSHA 1910.1030

Cassano Victoria vcassano at bhs1.org
Wed Jun 3 10:49:16 PDT 2015

Well,
I thought I knew this regulation by heart; and further thought that OSHA defined an employee  for this standard to include medical students and residents and volunteers. But either I am missing something during my current read, or I am very wrong.
I have had several needle sticks of med students on rotation in the hospital and both the hospital and the medical school are refusing to cover the post -exposure  testing and PEP stating it is the student's own responsibility. This is obviously a barrier to proper evaluation of the student.
Any thoughts here?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Berkshire Health Systems immediately by e-mail at postmaster at bhs1.org and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.