[MCOH-EH] question for the group regarding BBP improvement opportunities

Thrasher, Terri Terri.Thrasher at cchmc.org
Thu Jun 4 10:48:48 PDT 2015

Can you please post this to the group :

1.        Do you mandate double gloving in the OR

2.       Do you use blunt needles for fascia suturing

3.       Do you use a safe zone in the OR for sharp items

4.       Do you use hands free techniques for passing of sharps

5.       What safety devices are they utilizing in the OR (scalpels?, needles?).

6.       Please elaborate on any answers!   I have momentum with one of our physician leaders to look at these exposures for an improvement opportunity.

Terri L. Thrasher RN MSN
Sr. Director HR Professional Services
Employee Health, Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Workers Compensation, Injury Management, Non CCHMC Badging, Childcare Center
3333 Burnet Ave
Cincinnati Ohio 45229  MLC 9006