[MCOH-EH] Flu vaccination

Kim.Thompson at hcahealthcare.com Kim.Thompson at hcahealthcare.com
Tue Jul 28 06:56:44 PDT 2015

We also have a ‘highly encouraged’ philosophy. Those who wish to decline must meet w/ me or Infection Prevention Director as often, it’s just a matter of education or calming fears.
If they still decline, they must mask.

We have stickers denoting who had vaccination but my personal philosophy is to note the declinations instead. It’s difficult to look for a tiny sticker as well as the fact that declinations are in the minority. It’s also a pain to have to catch up w/ the sheer numbers of folks that have received their vaccinations outside of the hospital. Those declining have a colored badge (yellow to remind them which mask to wear) which goes under their picture and sticks out to the side.

A list of those declining goes to Senior Leadership as well as all Managers/Directors so that informal checks can be made while they are on rounds to ensure masks are being worn as required.

Kim Thompson RN, BSN
Employee Health Nurse Manager
Medical Center of McKinney
4500 Medical Center Drive - MOB, Suite 105
McKinney, TX     75069

972- 540- 4218 (phone)
469 - 713- 8660 (fax)