[MCOH-EH] Employee Health electronic record keeping

Thrasher, Terri Terri.Thrasher at cchmc.org
Wed Aug 12 04:37:25 PDT 2015

At Cincinnati Childrens we went from paper and an access database to an electronic medical record with Medgate.

Medgate has been an excellent program for us.
They have a great suite of products for Occ health to include clinic visit, medical documents, questionnaires, immunizations, BBPE…etc.
With Medgate we had the ability to scan every paper file and then coded each file with employee name and ID which then allowed us to dump each file into Medgate under each persons name.
And we were able to use the same type code to slide the information in the access database into Medgate.

My recommendation is to take your time… be very sure of your systems.   Know what they can and cannot do.
You have to do testing to ensure information gets into the right place.   Don’t destroy documents until you are sure you have them in the new system.
Plan time for training and expect that processes will be slowed because there is a learning curve for many people to get used to systems if they haven’t used them.

We have upgraded once since 2009 with much less effort …

But allow and take the time to plan…  and test to ensure you don’t lose anything !
Terri

Terri L. Thrasher RN MSN
Sr. Director HR Professional Services
Employee Health, Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Workers Compensation, Injury Management, Non CCHMC Badging, Childcare Center
3333 Burnet Ave
Cincinnati Ohio 45229  MLC 9006
513-636-6240