[MCOH-EH] Annual Hospital Employee Health Assessment

Subin, Kenneth MD ksubin at aomc.org
Wed Aug 19 10:08:44 PDT 2015

For the List, and in particular, my New York State colleagues:

An annual health assessment of hospital employees is required by state
regulations which involves a questionnaire regarding the employee's
current health status.  The regs, as far as I can tell, do not specify
what procedure should follow when an employee indicates on their
questionnaire that they have a medical condition that could interfere
with their job duties.  How are others handling this situation?  Does it
trigger a FFD exam?  If so, who has the authority to mandate that this
exam take place?  In other words, who is ordering the exam?

Thanks for any feedback.

Ken

Kenneth P. Subin, MD, MPH, CIME, CMRO

Clinical Medical Director

Occupational Medicine

ArnotHealth

Elmira, NY

(607) 737-4539 (p)

(607) 737-7783 (f)

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by telephone and delete this message