[MCOH-EH] Question re: Process for flu vaccination for those with Egg Allergies

Angeli Mancuso a1mancus at sbch.org
Thu Sep 17 08:22:01 PDT 2015

We have an egg-limited version we use a majority of the time (Flucelvax) and for folks with severe allergy, we have a few doses of Flublok.

I’m curious for those offering FluMist: I was under the impression that mist was contraindicated for healthcare workers due to the potential to shed live virus. We’ve told folks who want this option that they would be required to be off work for 3 weeks following administration. This is supported by our infection control and occupational medicine directors.

Be well,
Angeli

Angeli Mancuso, RN, COHN-S/CM
Employee Health & Safety Manager