[MCOH-EH] Employee Health Clinic Space

Erika Sweet esweet at dhs.lacounty.gov
Thu Apr 28 11:03:38 PDT 2016

For those of you that work in Employee Health in a hospital have you seen a business model where Employee Health and patients use the same space?
One clinic that checks see's both patient's and employees? Same waiting room with one exam room to see patient's and one exam room to see employees?

Any legal concerns?
Privacy concerns?
Thoughts?

I personally think this model is not ideal, but leadership is behind proposal. I am looking for any evidence that this model is inherently flawed.

Thanks, Erika

Erika Sweet, RN, MSN, NP, CHON-S
DHS Director of  Employee Health Services
Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
1000 West Carson Street, Room B-03
Torrance, CA 90509
Office (310) 222.2360