[MCOH-EH] Safety devices for shorter insulin needles?

Falcone, Melissa MFalcone at peacehealth.org
Thu May 5 07:46:23 PDT 2016

This is interesting feedback.  We are preparing to test the BD Safety Glide 6 mm syringe.  I expect to test in mid to late June with 2 units in our hospital. We have a large amount of needle sticks with insulin syringes. My hope is that with the new technique of a straight injection 6 mm needle with no pinching of the skin we can remove the second hand from the "line of fire" per say.

I will have to post how our study goes, but am also interested in any experience anyone has had.

Melissa Falcone, RN

Melissa Falcone, RN  |  Manager  |  Employee Health
PeaceHealth  |  2901 Squalicum Parkway  |  Bellingham, WA 98225
office 360-788-6300 ext. 4571  |  mobile 360-383-8626  |  fax 360-715-4129