[MCOH-EH] Pre-Placement Physicals

Steivang, Kristen Kristen_Steivang at ssmhc.com
Thu May 12 09:11:48 PDT 2016

We used to perform pre-placement physical examinations - performed by either a physician (MD) or NP/PA with an RN doing immunization/ TB review.  We now only require a pre-placement health assessment and these can be fully completed by an RN.  I still complete many of these, but there is no longer a physical examination (eyes, ears, heart lung, etc. ) assessment/evaluation component.  What makes these processes different:  definition and components of an assessment versus an exam.

Kristen

Kristen L. Steivang MSN, RN, ANP-BC, APNP
Employee Health Services
St. Mary's Hospital
700 S Park St.
Madison  WI 53715
608-258-6995
Fax 608-259-3239

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me at 608-258-6995 and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.