[MCOH-EH] Short-time volunteers in health care facilities

Galaid Edward I Edward.Galaid at RoperSaintFrancis.com
Thu Jun 16 08:43:36 PDT 2016

Cross posting to MCOH and OEM-L.
We have high school and college kids coming through during the summer  for a wide range of volunteer and "shadowing" experiences ...many of which are the patient care areas.   They're here for between 8 and 40 hours, total.
Is there a consensus as to what we need to do for them, from a medical clearance standpoint, stratified by how much time they're with us.  The least invasive is looking at their immunization records.  The most invasive I guess is phlebotomy for an IGRA.

Thanks

Ed Galaid

Edward I. Galaid, MD, MPH
ABIM, ABPM
Medical Director, Occupational Health Partners
Roper St. Francis Healthcare   Charleston, SC
Member, ACOEM Task Group on Medical Guidance for Law Enforcement Officers
Member, NFPA 1582 Writing Group - NFPA Technical Committee on Fire Fighter Safety and Health

Our Mission: Healing all people with compassion, faith and excellence.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including
any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
recipients and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy all copies of the original message. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
prohibited. Thank you.