[MCOH-EH] Releasing the Entire Employee Health Chart

Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org Kathy.Dayvault at dekalbmedical.org
Thu Jun 23 12:49:30 PDT 2016

We provide the appropriate parties with the information that they request.

Typically it is annual TB surveillance and titers.

Everyone else usually wants more.

Kathy Dayvault, RN, BSN, MPH,

 Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
 WorksWell Onsite
 Dekalb Medical  2701 North Decatur Road
 Decatur, GA 30033
ph: 404.501.4972 Fax:404-501-2045
kathy.dayvault at dekalbmedical.org

From:   "Kanchan Dibert" <Kanchan.Dibert at caromonthealth.org>
To:     <mcoh-eh at mylist.net>,
Date:   06/23/2016 02:41 PM
Subject:        [MCOH-EH] Releasing the Entire Employee Health Chart
Sent by:        "MCOH-EH" <mcoh-eh-bounces at mylist.net>

I'm in a private 400 bed community hospital in North Carolina. We
routinely send information from the Employee Health chart for regulatory
review, such as when OSHA, the Joint Commission or  the NC Department of
Health is on site. We send only specific information from the chart, such
as vaccinations, TST's FIT tests pr Hep B immunity.

The hospital's "compliance" and "legal" departments are asking Employee
Health Services to release the entire chart to them prior to these
reviews. Does anyone do this, or release the entire employee health chart
to any other departments owned by the hospital, or is it standard to
release only information that's asked for to your own hospital's
legal/compliance departments?

I would appreciate any input since I'm having trouble finding this
specific information.
Thanks!

Kanchan P. Dibert MD
Medical Director, CaroMont Occupational Medicine and Employee Health
2555 Court Drive, Suite 120
Gastonia, NC 28054
Phone: 704.834.3070
Fax: 704.834. 3073
kanchan.dibert at caromonthealth.org
caromonthealth.org

This message and any included attachments are from CaroMont Health Inc.
and are intended only for the addressee(s).The information contained
herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential
information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying,
distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to
believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this
message and notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to
mailadmin at caromonthealth.org

The MCOH-EH List is moderated by Joe Fanucchi MD FACOEM and Mike Band DO.
List membership is free, but only subscribers may post to the list.
To post send messages to: mcoh-eh at mylist.net
To become a subscriber, or to change your subscription options (turn off
email while you're on vacation, etc):   http://www.mcoh-eh.net
MediTrax / Occupational Health Systems, Inc. provides financial support to
ensure the list remains a free resource for the occupational health
community.