[MCOH-EH] Use of prescription drugs - instant drug screens

Jenkins, Maribeth mjenkins at hendrickhealth.org
Wed Jul 20 05:57:11 PDT 2016

Way too much liability for me to take -let us focus on patient safety please is what I told my HR dept when they asked for this....  we have an independent MRO to assure the person is safe to work.  The MRO may also request a fitness for duty exam if the person is abusing their prescriptions drugs.  Just because they have the bottle does not mean they are taking it appropriately-  That is not a decision for us to make safely in my opinion, but rather the MRO and/ or clearing MD.

Maribeth Jenkins, MSN, RN, LMT, CWC
Employee Wellness Manager
Hendrick Medical Center
1900 Pine Street